How can I open a new account?
Retail jewelers can open an account with us by:
- Creating an Account (we will then confirm approval of your account by email)
- Submit Application for Commercial Credit (unless paying by Credit Card or Paypal) - USA Application or UK Application
- Once you receive our approval email, Login with the email address and Password you provided in Step 1. You will then be able to view wholesale prices.
- Choose your jewelry order.
- Check-out and choose Payment Preference (30 days, Credit Card or Paypal)
- Complete payment details and Submit Order.
- A confirmation copy of your order will be emailed to you.
- Delivery is usually 4-6 weeks.
- Any questions? Contact us by email or call 1- 877 - 810 - 7312 (USA) or +44 (0)1707-371203 (UK) Mon-Fri office hours.
How can I buy Nicole Barr at retail?
Complete the Contact Us form and we'll be glad to recommend a store near you - or call us Monday-Friday during office hours.
Why do you enamel onto 18 K gold?
True vitreous enamel (fired glass) is fused to a pure precious metal at high temperatures to create beautiful lasting colors. However, in lower karat golds like 9 K the enamel will react to the alloys. Enameling is possible on 14 K but master enamelers use 18 K for this rare and difficult art.
Why is your silver jewelry rhodium plated?
Rhodium is a precious hard metal in the platinum family of metals. It's used by fine jewelers to plate sterling silver, as it prevents tarnishing and provides a bright reflective finish. We rhodium plate all of our silver jewelry and cufflinks when a white metal finish is required.
What is hard fired or vitreous enamel?
We use hard fired vitreous enamel for most of our silver jewelry and cufflinks. It is fired glass, and gives a lustrous color that will never change. Jewelers like Faberge and Lalique used vitreous enamel. Enameling with vitreous enamel is difficult, as the melting point for silver is very close to the melting point for enamel.
Is enamel fragile?
All enamel jewelry must be handled with care, like a fine glass sculpture. Although it is durable like glass, it will also crack like glass if abused. However, in our 30 years' experience selling enamel jewelry, this problem rarely occurs. A jewelry care leaftlet is included with each piece of Nicole Barr.
Is your jewelry Nickel-Free?
Our jewelry meets the current standards for Nickel content as set by the EU.
Are your diamonds Conflict-Free?
Yes. We comply with the Kimberley Process for purchase of non-conflict diamonds.
Is all of your jewelry Ethically Produced?
Yes. Nicole Barr jewelry is created by the skilled enamelers of Thailand, in our American owned and managed facility. We are committed to providing fair wages and working hours, health care, training and a comfortable, safe environment where each person has the opportunity to reach their best potential. Our employees take pride in their work and we feel privileged to have them be part of our old-fashioned 21st century company.
Do you offer a Custom Design and Manufacturing Service?
Yes. Please ask for a free quote. Minimums are 50 pieces for sterling silver, 50 pairs for cufflinks, or 3 pieces for 18 kt Gold.